Register here to join the VLRFC Tuesday, October 20th at 7pm on Zoom for our next Virtual Career Series panel discussing Finance.
The Village Lions began our Virtual Career Fair series in August to help you find that next job or even your first job. The panels are open to the entire rugby community.
This is a chance to network, learn about an industry, and ask questions from our panel of experts. Yes, this is for you and anyone you know who is looking to learn.
The panelists will include experts in banking, sales & trading, investment management, accounting, real estate, and will discuss topics including Lending and Community/Social Investing, Institutional Investment Management, Financial Advisory and Wealth Management, Sales & Trading, Talent Management / HR, and Accounting
Topics to be covered will include:
– Ways to stand out in a competitive application pool? Advice for getting noticed, finding opportunities & networking.
– What are the critical skills employers are looking for in early career hires?
– For people still in school, or shifting from another industry, what are some resources or ideas to help build up skills or knowledge?
– A POV on advanced degrees and certifications – are they were helpful or not?
– How COVID-19 has impacted the industry and specifically the job market
– Diversity & Racial Justice: Thoughts on past discriminatory practices and what companies are doing to address diversity in the industry.
The panel will be moderated by Stephanie Ruys de Perez and will feature:
Other guest panels are expected to join.
Anyone interested in joining can register here, and please share questions you’re curious about in advance.